BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 14, 2009

Chasing After Nothing

Chasing After Nothing

I've got what they want,
and he has me.
So why is it
that i'm so unhappy?

The grass is always greener
on the other side.
This time, i think it's true,
it's not just foolish pride.

I've never been with this type of guy.
Many nights,
I sit and wonder "why?"

He never calls just to see
what life's like for a girl like me.

He never questions
my modes of thought..
and this lack of attention
often left me distraught.

But not now.

His nonchalance is addictive.

I stopped being so attentive.

After a while I suppose this will dissolve,
instead of him thinking to resolve
the kinks in the program.

I never think he's with someone else,
he doesn't have the capacity
to even love himself.

So how could he make more than one
feel like she's number one?

Isn't that the way that works?
To make each woman feel
like she's got what works?

It's simple..
He is blind and cannot see...

That many men see a future in me.

Even he did at one point,
but doing wrong is so easy.

It's not a priority for him
to keep number one happy.

So, what do I do?

Well, like old folks say..
It's up to me to love me.

So I have to do what makes me happy.

Chasing after nothing
just makes my heart weep.

~Mia "Flying Peacock" Jackson

0 comments: