BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 14, 2009

Better Half

Better Half

You could be my better half,
someone to help me do the math
when life comes running full force,
you could join my jogging path..

You're not like the others
.. the skeletons from my past.
which is why my choice,
in my eyes,
was built to last.

However, my menagerie was thin glass..

Don't fall and break,
you're too beautiful a unicorn
to drop and get crushed
on the concrete that's us..

Giant, cast-iron mold, trust..
is what we could be..

to be enjoyed by the masses
for many forthcoming centuries..
like Martin Luther, and Corretta Scott, King.

When my hand is stretched out toward you,
I need assistance, yours to meet mine,
and pull me out of the ring..
intervention, divine.
A force to meet mine..
Until the end of time.

~Mia "Flying Peacock" Jackson~

0 comments: